Last Revised: September 6, 2010
BuyMyPlaylist.com (the “Website” or “BMP”) is wholly owned and operated by Znak Inc., a corporation registered in the State of Delaware, Reg. Nr. 4496595; the USA EIN 27-0403537.
At BMP, we value privacy and want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. This Policy regards information you provide to us or we learn from your use of this Website. It also tells you how we may collect, use and, in some instances, share this information with others.
- Information You Provide: You may provide BMP what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your name, age, zip code, email address, PayPal or other alternative payment method information, credit card number, including Security code, postal mailing and billing address, and telephone numbers) if you use certain services or products our Platform or otherwise use the features and functionality of the Website.
- Your User ID/Avatar/Other Social Network IDs: Your User ID, personal profile picture or avatar and other BMP names/pseudonyms are displayed throughout the Website and are readily available to the public. Other people can see your personal playlists, comments, links to your online friends, etc. Therefore, if you disclose or otherwise associate your actual name with any of your BMP IDs, the public might be able to identify your activities on the Website. In addition, if you use BMP Friends and Followers features (as defined in the BMP Terms of Service), we will receive and store your Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and other social network user names you might list and activate there.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you access the BMP or open one of our emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using different types of tracking technology. This "automatically collected" information may include Internet Protocol address ("IP Address"), a unique user ID, version of software installed, system type, your listening preferences, the content and pages that you access on the Website, and the dates and times that you visit the Website.
- Cookies: When you access the Website, we may send one or more small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — known as “cookies” — to your computer or other access devices. We do this to help improve your experience of the Website. We may use session cookies and persistent cookies or both. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser; a persistent cookie remains in your system and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Website. But these “persistent” files can be removed if desired. Please review your web browser Help feature to learn the best way to modify your cookie settings. Please note, however, that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site or the access will be much slower.
The Way BMP Uses:
The information that you provide or that we collect to the extent necessary to comply as a service provider and a licensed partner of other service providers, including record companies, distributors and author/copyright agencies as well as with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act in the USA and other applicable local laws. Specifically we may use:
- your email address, without further consent, for administrative communications such as notifying you of major updates, for customer service purposes, and to send privacy or security related notices;
- your payment and billing information to process payments and earned/redeemed BMP credits, issue invoices, and to pay royalties, copyright fees and, if applicable, local sales and income taxes;
- all of the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the BMP works and looks, and to create new features and functionality;
- Automatically Collected information, Cookies, Links and Widget information to:
- automatically update the BMP application on your system;
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Website;
- provide customized third-party advertisements, content and information;
- monitor and report on the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns;
- monitor and report aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed, tracks and playlists build using different catalogs, tracks and playlists purchased, and purchase prices; and,
- track your entries, submissions, and payment/credit earning records, membership status and activities in any promotions or other sponsored activities.
BMP May Disclose & Share:
- Automatically Collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information, such as IP addresses, anonymous User usage data, listening preferences, referring or exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, number and IDs of tracks and playlists accessed, number and type of purchases, purchase prices and, if applicable taxes and local fees) with interested third parties to process transactions and pay due fees and royalties and to assist those parties in understanding the usage and demographic patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, or other functionality on the Website, as specified in BMP license agreements.
- User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws in the USA and the counties BMP is available, such (such as copyright and trademark law, tax laws and regulations) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity.
BMP Does not Share:
Your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your prior express consent. Please be aware, however, that any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to display on any publicly available portion of the Website — such as when you publish contact information to complete your profile information — becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by others without restriction.
You may decline to share your personally-identifiable information with BMP. In such case, however, BMP might not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Website. You may view, update, correct, or delete your user information and preferences by accessing your Registration and Profile pages or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
However, BMP reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; enforce our Terms of Service and BMP licensing contracts; protect BMP from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Website; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of BMP, our Users or others.
In addition, to protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
Advertising and Sponsorship.
BMP does not provide your personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks and sponsorship programs without your consent. However, please note that if an advertiser/sponsor asks BMP to show an advertisement/sponsorship opportunity to a certain audience or audience segment and you respond to that offer, the advertiser or ad-server and sponsorship organization may conclude that you fit the description of the audience that they were trying to reach.
BMP uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to BMP, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your transmission of information, BMP makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If BMP learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. BMP may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at email@example.com.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE WEBSITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. BMP does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years-of-age. If BMP learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on or through the Website, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become the Website member, please contact BMP at firstname.lastname@example.org to have that child's account terminated and information deleted.
For Users visiting the Website from other non-U.S. territories, please note that any data you enter into the Website will be transferred outside such other non-U.S. territory for use by BMP and its affiliates for any of the purposes described herein. In addition, because BMP operates globally, we may make information we gather available to worldwide business units and affiliates. By providing any data on the Website, you hereby expressly consent to:
- the use of your personal data for the uses identified above in accordance with this policy; and
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
In the Event of Merger, Sale or Other Change in Conrol.
In the case that BMP is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or ever files for bankruptcy, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. Information BMP receives from you may be considered an asset subject to bankruptcy.
Except as expressly provided otherwise, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you or that you disclose to us. If you disclose your information to others besides BMP, whether they are users of the Website or on other sites or services, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. BMP does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable.
English Version Prevails
BMP Contact Information
We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of its receipt.